Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mohammad-Reza Movahed-Shariat-Panahi
Dr. Mohammad-Reza Movahed-Shariat-Panahi, MD, PHD is a Doctor primarily located in Tucson, AZ, with other offices in Tucson, AZ and Flagstaff, AZ (and 1 other location). He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Interventional Cardiology, Cardiology and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Movahed-Shariat-Panahi is affiliated with Southern Arizona Veterans Affairs Healthcare System. He speaks English.
Dr. Mohammad-Reza Movahed-Shariat-Panahi has the following 3 specialties
- Interventional Cardiology
An interventional cardiologist has the same training as a cardiologist and they're well-versed in all types of heart disease and how to diagnose heart problems. The difference is that interventional cardiologists have additional expertise and training on specific interventional treatments for heart disease, such as angioplasties and stents. These methods use catheterization, which reduces recovery time as well as scarring after surgery.
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Mohammad-Reza Movahed-Shariat-Panahi has the following 5 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Mohammad-Reza Movahed-Shariat-Panahi is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
He argued with everything I told him, basically telling me I was wrong even tho the information in my chart verified what I said. I will never see him again and would not recommend him to anyone.
Dr. Movahed-Shariat-Panahi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Southern Arizona Veterans Affairs Healthcare System
24 Years Experience
Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
Graduated in 1989
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mohammad-Reza Movahed-Shariat-Panahi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tucson, AZ.