Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Muhammad S Aslam has the following 2 specialties
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Nuclear Cardiology
Rooted in general cardiology, nuclear cardiologists specialize in a specific, non-invasive imaging technique that's used to diagnose heart disease, evaluate how well your heart is pumping blood, or determine the size and place of a past heart attack.
They’re able to take pictures and video of your heart during stress tests, and in resting states, that allow them to diagnose patients as well as recommended treatments, medication and additional testing that might be needed. They often work closely with radiologists to assess the damage of a past heart attack or the patient's risk for future heart attacks.
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Aslam is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Finch University Of Health Sciences
Dr. Muhammad S Aslam accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Ambetter from MHS HIX
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- Sagamore Plus
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBmg Advanced Cardiology Specialists South Bend, 610 N Michigan St Ste 400, South Bend, IN
Dr. Muhammad S Aslam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near South Bend, IN.