Dr. Mohammad R Bolouri Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Mohammad R Bolouri?

caregiver

Dr, Bolouri has been my mother's doctor for many years. I appreciate him very much, since he always take the time to talk to me and my mom. Dr. Bolouri is one of the most respected physicians in town. He has helped my Mother with all the testing and more.

I saw this doctor twice a year for several years. He and the person answering the phone became impatient and even belligerent with me, when I called asking questions about a new medicine prescribed. No one had any time for my concerns or physical symptoms from the new medicine. I left for another practice.

He is the best doctor that has helped my mother with her devastating Alzheimer's disease.

Terrible Bedside Manner with Caregivers

I have never been so insulted or treated so badly by a doctor when I am showing concern for my mother. He got very angry with me when I began sharing some of the symptoms of where she is at in her disease. He seemed deeply offended and told me that he was the doctor. I found it shocking that a doctor would not want to gather all the information about his patients. Can he really tell exactly what's going on from a 10 minute visit to the doctor every 3 months??!! Dr. Bolouri actually told me I could leave the room if I didn't let him do his job. It was so hurtful, unprofessional, and an indicator of a doctor who may be too big for his britches being the lead memory care doctor in this small town.

Doesn't Care, Doesn't Listen, Uses Assembly Line Approach

Dr. Bolouri's caring lasts for as long as you don't take up any of his time with reporting status or asking questions that require more than a one phrase answer and you don't take more than ten minutes of his time. (I don't know what they allocate, but we felt pushed out in 10 minutes or less.) Tolerates no discussion of conditions not DEFINITELY directly related to Alzheimers unless reported to him by another physician and not necessarily even that, since he seems to know nothing about what they report, even though staff say he has the records. This includes about hospitalizations, surgeries, and drugs from other doctors (nevermind about interaction, I guess.) When you report concerns, he says "I don't deal with that" if not DEFINTELY Alzheimers-related or even insists that things you tell him are not true. Brushes you off even when you tell him of Alzheimers-related things that are happening with that's "just" Alzheimers," as if irritated that you mentioned it. - and, in fact, we found later that he was dead wrong and it caused significant risk. Why would he not expect you to tell him your symptoms of the disease he is treating so that he can be aware of its progression? Especially when his first question is "how are you?" (Maybe because it takes 15 to 30 seconds longer?)Same old routine. Every single visit, first monthly and then quarterly, is exactly the same:1. Pleasantly asks, "How are you?" but doesn't listen to answer and cuts you off if you say more than a sentence or two.2. Verbally gives you the MMSE, which takes about 5 to 7 min.3. Asks if you need prescription renewal.That's it. No time is allowed for anything else, there's no deviation from the routine, he shows no interest in the person and no willingness to address anything but whether you need more pills. And he has never discussed:1. The disease itself.2. What you can expect in the future. 3. Other care options than what he recommends, which is nothing but pills and exercise.4. Where or how you can find help in understanding and coping.5. Much of anything. It seems like an assembly line to get as many patients as possible in and out as fast as possible.