Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Mohammad Jarvandi
Dr. Mohammad Jarvandi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Springfield, VA. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Jarvandi is affiliated with Inova Fair Oaks Hospital, Inova Fairfax Hospital and Northern Virginia Mental Health Institute. Dr. Jarvandi has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Mohammad Jarvandi has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Mohammad Jarvandi has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Mohammad Jarvandi has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Mohammad Jarvandi is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 5
My children were already seeing doctors at the practice when Dr. Jarvandi joined the team. I was used to the excellent care my kids received from the other doctors, so I made no effort to have them seen by Dr. Jarvandi. However, my son saw him for a series of sick visits related to asthma and he my son (7) recently informed me that Dr. J is his favorite doctor. I also have an infant and Dr. J is very gentle and caring. I like to watch him intereact with children because he is great at developing a rapport with them. He also takes a lot of time to make sure I understand my role in helping my kids get well.
We've been with Dr. Jarvandi since our son was born 4 years ago. Dr. Jarvandi has always listened and respected our observations regarding our son. Even as a first time mother, when I thought it unusual that my son wouldn't bear weight on his legs, Dr. Jarvandi listened. When my son was 6 months of age, Dr. Jarvandi was concerned enough to refer us to a neurologist. Because of him, we've been able take advantage of PT/ST/OT early on, so that our son won't be at a disadvantage starting school. He has an excellent bedside manner and truly cares for his patients. Thanks Doc!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Jarvandi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
Ross University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
St Lukes Roosevelt Hospital Center
Dr. Mohammad Jarvandi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsVirginia Pediatric & Adolescent, 8316 Traford Ln Ste 2, Springfield, VA
Dr. Mohammad Jarvandi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, VA.