Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Mohammad R Mizani
Dr. Mohammad R Mizani, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Antonio, TX, with other offices in San Antonio, TX and Eagle Pass, TX (and 1 other location). He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Mizani is affiliated with Northeast Baptist Hospital. Dr. Mizani has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Mohammad R Mizani has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mohammad R Mizani has the following 19 expertise
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Calcium Metabolism Disorders
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Kidney Stones (Nephrolithiasis)
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Diabetes, Type 2
Dr. Mohammad R Mizani has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mohammad R Mizani is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Dr. Mizani and his team are very efficient and professional. My appointment is scheduled in a timely manner. I receive a text or call the day before my appointment reminding me of the time. Very efficient! Dr. Mizani is brilliant. He looks at the whole patient as he assesses the concerns. He requests blood work be completed ahead of the scheduled visit in order to have the results for the appointment. This process enables him to review the blood work with the patient and make an informed diagnosis. Refills are managed in a timely manner with my pharmacy. I appreciate Dr. Mizani for his clinical expertise and great bedside manner. He is a great communicator with his patients, always explaining the disease process.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Mizani is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Escuela Autonoma De Ciencias Medicas De Centro America
Graduated in 1996
St Marys Hospital
Dr. Mohammad R Mizani accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - Innovative Health
- Imagine Health Innovative Health
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mohammad R Mizani, MD - Nephrology in San Antonio, TX, in this video.
Dr. Mohammad R Mizani is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.