Get the facts about bowel incontinence, including the causes and who is most at risk of developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mohammad A Naficy has the following 1 specialty
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
- Vascular Malformations
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Varicose Veins
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Diabetes Complications
Showing 5 of 11
I just accompanied an elderly relative to see Dr. Naficy today at PG Hospital Center. This was a followup visit after a consult during a 4 day hospital stay earlier in the month. The doctor apparently had not reviewed the patient's chart and had absolutely no recollection of the patient's history, the tests done during the hospital stay, or anything else. My relative arrived by medical transport, on a stretcher, and the transport team informed the doctor that the patient would need to be transferred from the stretcher onto the exam table. The doctor's response was "How dare you talk to me, a doctor, like this? I refuse to see this patient." and then, "Who's patient is this? Who can tell me about this patient?" As a family member, I'm typically prepared to provide background information, but I expect medical doctors to have a chart, and have read the chart. I also expect them to treat other medical professionals, including medical transport workers, with at least a minimum amount of courtesy and respect. I do not expect to spend 5 minutes dealing with an arrogant ego and talking him into doing his job and seeing a patient who has a scheduled appointment. I will NOT be taking my relative back to see this doctor again.
Dr. Naficy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Maryland Medical System
Dr. Mohammad A Naficy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCapital Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery, 3001 Hospital Dr Fl 4, Hyattsville, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mohammad A Naficy in this video.
Dr. Mohammad A Naficy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hyattsville, MD.