Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mohammad U Qayyum has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Clinical Depression
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I had a suicide attempt that was quite serious and after I was released from the hospital Dr quyyam refused to prescribe me any of my prior prescriptions or give me anything that would suffice as a replacement. He even denied me any prescriptions that the hospital had prescribed me upon my departure. Also any appointment I had from that point on were nothing but belittling and degrading, until I finally decided to find a new Dr.. He cares absolutely nothing about his patients except whether or not their check will clear.
This review if for PSYCHIATRIST, Dr. Usman Qayyum, 185 West Street Suite 301...on line other aliases Mohammad U. Qayyum. This is him... he needs the psychiatric help. He is hiding behind different names online, but many no what his real name is and he will be caught in his real egotistical psycho personality.
I wish I could leave 0 stars. On my first appointment this PSYCHIATIST answered personal emails while I was talking about my symptoms. He prescribed me medicine for a condition I do not have with HEAVY side effects. I asked for a short term medicine that I can take to stop panic attacks. I was given a long term, not instant acting, addictive medicine with a giant list of side effects. He also told me that smoking marijuana MONTHS ago was the absolute reason I am having issues and the only reason. The two appointments I made he rescheduled the same day, and both appointments he actually kept, he walked into the office 20 minutes after my appointment.I was also asked about "my ADHD" which I absolutely do not have. On my second appointment he remembered NOTHING about me, my condition, my symptoms or even why I had come into the office in the first place. No one needs a psychiatrist that is going to argue with you, insinuate that you are a drug addict, hang up on you, ignore you , and prescribe you the wrong medicine.
Dr. Mohammad U Qayyum accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mohammad U Qayyum is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ludlow, MA.