Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mohammad Rafiq has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
I have to agree with the last post. This doctor likes to prescribe ridiculously heavy medication to young children without parents consent. Our child was on a dose that was working well for him, but for no reason at all Dr Rafiq increased his medication by doubling it without our knowledge! Only found this out when our child was discharged from the hospital! I am still "fuming" over this! Called the Doctor multiple times to try to get an answer of why he would do this. He has yet to call me back. This man could care less about your children! By the way the hospital he is associated with is Dominion Hospital.
I wholeheartedly respect Dr. Rafiq. He is a professional with ethics. He cared for my daughter, assisting her in her first year of depression. As she was bouncing up and down, due to the use of recreational drugs, he was firm and insistent that she quit the outside drugs, explaining that he has been placed responsible for what goes on inside her head and body. Adding foreign items is not helping him or her. When she refused, he did the right thing by stating he could not continue treating her until she was again clean. (note: I have heard of many doctors who turn a blind eye to recreational drug use) He was further helpful (albeit unsuccessful) in steering her towards accepting psychological assistance. No one could have helped her with this....until we received a court order forcing her to give therapy a try. Without outside drugs and accepting of her therapist, whom she adores, my daughter is on the right path. I firmly respect his actions and wish there were more psychiatrists like Dr. Rafiq.
Akron Childrens Hospital
Dr. Mohammad Rafiq accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAkron Childrens Hospital, 214 W Bowery St, Akron, OH
Dr. Mohammad Rafiq is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Akron, OH.