Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mohammed H Almubarak has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Dr. Mohammed H Almubarak has the following 15 expertise
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Clinical Research
- Lung Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Colon Cancer
Dr. Mohammed H Almubarak has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 9
I have been diagnosed with I.T.P. (Immune Thrombocytopenia Purpora). When told I needed my wisdom teeth removed, I realized my platelet count needed to be at a safe level in order for surgery to be done. I let him know there has been a great deal of success when I have been treated with WinRho in the past in order to increase my platelet count. However, Dr. Almubarak refused to treat my "low blood count" because I didn't show any "dangerous symptoms." I did have petechia located around my ankles, and tests revealed a platelet count of under 40,000; however, I received no treatment. My platelet count must be at least twice as high as it was when visiting his office in order for me to safely receive surgery as I - as well as my oral surgeon - are worried about excessive bleeding. Am I supposed to ignore the excruciating pain I endure from my wisdom teeth pushing through my gums as well as overlook my dental arcade askew? Absolutely, impractical.
15 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Mohammed H Almubarak accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWvu Healthcare Ruby Memorial Hospital, 1 Medical Center Dr, Morgantown, WV
Dr. Mohammed H Almubarak is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Morgantown, WV.