Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mohammed S Chowdhrey has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Mohammed S Chowdhrey has the following 13 expertise
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Mohammed S Chowdhrey has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mohammed S Chowdhrey is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
I saw Dr. Chowdhrey for two years, but not happily. He doesn't take any insurance and charges a lot because he insists on doing his own therapy--which, for me, was not helpful at all. I never felt like I got to say anything important, because as soon as I would say something he would go off on a long, barely related ramble! He did a lot more talking than I did in our therapy sessions, and had no sympathy for my problems. For instance, at one point I was extremely paranoid about someone breaking into my house at night. When I mentioned it to him, he asked, "Do you live in a dangerous neighborhood?" I said, "No." "Then why are you afraid of this?" he asked. "I don't know," I said, which was true. And with that, he dismissed it and did not help me at all. There were a lot of situations like that.Almost as bad as that was his reluctance to return calls and refill medications. He would claim that he never got the messages or faxes from my pharmacy, and since his office hours are limited, I would often get bad withdrawal symptoms because I would have to wait several days for a new prescription.In short, would not recommend.
Dr. Mohammed S Chowdhrey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- QualCare PPO
Locations & DirectionsMohammed Salim Chowdhrey Md, 201 S Livingston Ave Ste 1B, Livingston, NJ
Dr. Mohammed S Chowdhrey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Livingston, NJ.