Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Mohammed B Ghabra
Dr. Mohammed B Ghabra, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL. His specialties include Clinical Neurophysiology, Neuromuscular Medicine, Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Ghabra is affiliated with Presence St Mary & Elizabeth Medical Center-Division St Campus and Kishwaukee Community Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Mohammed B Ghabra has the following 4 specialties
- Clinical Neurophysiology
- Neuromuscular Medicine
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Mohammed B Ghabra has the following 14 expertise
- Migraine Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Migraine Disorders
- Preventive Medicine
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Dr. Mohammed B Ghabra is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
I would choose this doctor again because he listens so well although it may seems like he's not listening but he really is very very attentive and he's very Hands-On I had a great experience at my first time office visit and each time I go it is the same experience thank God for doctors like Dr.Ghabra. Thank you
Sweetest and nicest Doctor ever. Never met a more compassionate and nicer man than him. He listens and truly cares about managing my symptoms. Doesn't tell me there's nothing he can do. He says there's always a way to manage symptoms and doesn't brush me off. I'm always greeted with his warm genuine smile. He's one of the very few Doctors I always looked forward to seeing. I wish he would come back to DeKalb. I miss him tremendously. Never met an Adult neuro that was as sharp kind and compassionate as him. Miss him tremendously!
Dr. Ghabra is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Loyola University Medical Center
Dr. Mohammed B Ghabra accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPRESENCE MEDICAL GROUP, 1431 N Western Ave Ste 306, Chicago, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mohammed B Ghabra, MD - Neurology in Chicago, IL, in this video.
Dr. Mohammed B Ghabra is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Chicago, IL.