Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mohammed K Ashraf
Dr. Mohammed K Ashraf, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lynchburg, VA, with other offices in Altavista, VA and Lynchburg, VA . He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ashraf is affiliated with Lynchburg General Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Mohammed K Ashraf has 3 locations
701 5th St Ste 102
Altavista, VA 24517
2091 Langhorne Rd
Lynchburg, VA 24501
Book Online Now
Dr. Mohammed K Ashraf has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.<br>A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mohammed K Ashraf has the following 14 expertise
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Kidney Biopsy
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Heart Failure
- Chronic Renal Disease
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Ashraf is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1992
Allegheny General Hospital
Dr. Mohammed K Ashraf Accepts the Following Insurance
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mohammed K Ashraf, MD - Nephrology in Lynchburg, VA, in this video.
Dr. Mohammed K Ashraf is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lynchburg, VA.