Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mohammed A Mahkri
Dr. Mohammed A Mahkri, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bloomington, IL, with another office in North Aurora, IL. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Dr. Mahkri is affiliated with Medical Care Group of Elk Grove Village, St Alexius Medical Center and Rush-Copley Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Mohammed A Mahkri has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
Showing 5 of 15
This MD was one of THE MOST demeaning I have ever had to encounter in my life! His staff was also very inefficient in so many ways. I left there in total confusion as what I should do next. The facility was in great need of being cleaned as well. I sat there looking at bugs and crap on the floors there! The absolute lack of communication and/or explanation was beyond acceptable! I would NEVER recommend anyone to go for GI procedures from this outfit! Dr. Mahkri might be better at chopping heads off than doing scopes! I was tossed a script for some sort of thing with absolutely NO explanation as to how long I needed to take this drug or why in the first place. Mahkri is to be avoided at all costs! Trust me, he's someone you do NOT want to go to!
Dr. Mahkri is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Cook County Hospital
Dr. Mohammed A Mahkri accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mohammed A Mahkri is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bloomington, IL.