Dr. M Mounla Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. M Mounla?

OK, not perfect!

Posted on February 15th, 2016

Office runs more smoothly than any I have ever been in. Nursing Assistant does not know how to take a blood pressure correctly. Dr. Mounla was nice, but brief. I felt rushed.

Read reviews on multiple sites!

Posted on January 7th, 2016

I read reviews and try to be openminded unless they are all negative. I tried to make an appointment with Dr. Hayes as one of the previous reviewers did. They gave me to Dr. Mounla as well. First visit we didn't get a good feeling from him but gave him the benefit of the doubt. He put me on a new medication. (he was informative about it, I thought). On the second visit I told him that I had severe cramping and even had to go to the hospital one night because it was so servere. I had looked into it on a website and the paperwork that comes with meds and they said that the certain medication caused dehydration. I asked him on the second visit and he said not the medications I was on. He always had the air about him of Mr. Know-it-all. Which is usually a good thing but, I knew the meds caused my dehydration. He always listened to me and my concerns but acted like none of it mattered. Now, I look at more reviews and notice that he only had 2 1/2 stars and everyone is saying the same things as I am now. One night watching television was a commercial for that new medication I was put on at the first visit. Turns out that it promotes a type of thyroid cancer. I had both filled out the paperwork and had discussed with him that I had gone through thyroid cancer! During my visit after that commercial, Dr. Mounla had said it was another type of thyroid cancer when I questioned him, like that should make it okay. Anything close to the same kind of cancer is very disturbing! Why wasn't this discussed? I would have definitely not oppted to take it! I switched medications!! I am trying to get into see another doctor by now but cant get in until a much later date. Next visit my numbers were very high and he wanted to put me on stronger insulin. I know it is my doing, I am not making the level of effort I should. But, he was so condesending about it and had that look of, "oh well, you did it to yourself". If he wasn't that bad and I just didn't care for him I wouldn't be writing this review. Everything before I see the actual doctor is a good experience. Oh, I forgot..it is my fault for not double checking but they sent me to get routinue blood tests to lab which did not take my insurance. Which they had all the information in front of them. And I had to pay full price for a routine test. I am now going to a new Dr.

Useless

Posted on February 15th, 2013

I tried to get an appoint with Dr. Hays, but she wasn't accepting new patients at the time, so they said that Dr. Mounla was available. I heard great things about the office and gave it a try. I have type I diabetes. At the time, I really wasn't checking my sugars as much and was having complications controlling my diabetes. He spent little time with me and actually when I said, "I think it's my stress that might be causing my sugars to rise" he agreed and that was it. He didn't advise me to improve my health, or recommend much. So I continued to do what I did at the time thinking that I was doing the right thing. The next time I saw him I waited 40 minutes in the waiting room just to have him see and speak to me for 5 minutes. He asked how I was feeling, I said fine, and he shook my hand, said great and that was that. One night I called him, since he was on call because my sugars were way out of control and I had high amounts of ketones in my urine. He told me to just keep taking insulin and drink water. He sounded annoyed on the phone. That's what made me want to find a new doctor. I now go to a different doctor at a different location and WOW what a difference. My A1C's were around 7 when I was seeing him and now there at 5. My new doctor really hounds at me if I'm not keeping up with my sugar checks and really listens to what I have to say. I'm SO thankful I made the change.

Whoo Hoo!

Posted on January 14th, 2011

Finally a doctor that is going to look more into my hypothyroidism instead of just giving me a refill of the same generic meds that arent working! He switched me to name brand meds, and is ordering multiple lab tests to see if we can figure out what exactly is going on with me. He actually listened to me about my sypmtoms rather than blaming me for them. He even took the time to explain the function of the thyroid and how it affects me. I have high hopes in him helping me get healthy....

Don't waste your time.

Posted on December 9th, 2009

Dr. Mounla was extremely arrogant and not receptive to listening to my symptoms. I went in for help with hypothyroid and told him several times that Synthroid did NOT work for me as I had tried it 2x in the past 6 months. He was condescending in his manner and did nothing other than feel my neck when I swallowed (for thyroid issues). He argued with me about my previous lab results I had sent over and when told that the previous doc had recommended DHEA because my testosterone was low, he asked me "Well....Do you want it to be HIGH?!" He then said his plan was to put me back on Synthroid. I became upset and told him he hadn't listened to anything I said and I left. It does not take a medical degree to prescribe standard pill protocol for any disease. I can do that. It takes a medical degree to figure out what is going on with a patient's symptoms and help alleviate them. Dr. Mounla cannot do that. He wants to push the easy button and write scripts, get the patient out the door

Posted on October 6th, 2017