Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mohammed Z Sahloul
Dr. Mohammed Z Sahloul, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oak Lawn, IL. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease. Dr. Sahloul is affiliated with Advocate Christ Medical Center. Dr. Sahloul has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Mohammed Z Sahloul has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Sleep Disorders
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chest Infection
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Respiratory Disorders
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Pulmonary Function Test
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Showing 5 of 14
the first thing they are concerned about is the money, if you don't have your co pay it is a big issue. The doctor is only in one day a week so they overbook my appoint was at noon and I got in the to see him at 2:45 and still waited another 10 minutes, then you do not get the proper time to explain what is going on, I asked for a prescription and when I left he did not even give it to me, why? because he was not fully listening to my concerns. I am searching for a better doctor who has more than one day in the office. His staff is very uncaring as well, not the kind of feeling you want when you have something bad going on in your lungs and you are already apprehensive then to get treated like a number or a cash cow.
Dr. Sahloul is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
University Of Damascus
Graduated in 1988
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Dr. Mohammed Z Sahloul accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueCare Direct
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPulmonary Consultants Sc, 10837 S Cicero Ave Ste 300, Oak Lawn, IL
Dr. Mohammed Z Sahloul is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oak Lawn, IL.