Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Mohan D Dhillon has the following 1 specialty
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
Dr. Mohan D Dhillon has the following 11 expertise
- Watery Eyes
- Hay Fever
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Nasal Allergies
Showing 4 of 8
Avoid at all costs
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mohan D Dhillon - Posted on June 4th, 2018
He was a half hour late for my appt. because at the time of my appt. he walked into a room with a pharmaceutical salesman. During the appt. he asked questions which had nothing to do with allergies. His secretary also was gossiping so much with another worker she couldn't even answer my paperwork question. To top all the unprofessionalism off, he charged me 800 dollars for the one visit, my insurance wouldn't cover it all. I got stuck with the rest. Avoid!!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mohan D Dhillon - Posted on August 9th, 2016
Very businesslike, yet polite and personal. Probed for symptoms and ran skin tests. My case is pretty basic (runny nose and PND but nonetheless, aggravating) in that the skin tests led to what I have to believe was an easy diagnosis of four environmental allergens. Answered all of my questions. Will follow up in a month.
Not for people with unusual allergy symptoms
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mohan D Dhillon - Posted on January 8th, 2016
Dr. Dhillon seems like one of those allergists who make their jobs simple by using a very narrow definition of allergy and limiting their practice to people with obvious, classical allergy symptoms. I have suffered severely from allergies for decades, but mostly not with the classical symptoms such as runny nose, sneezing, etc.. Mostly, allergies make me feel sick, my head gets fuzzy, I'm less alert and I don't think well. I've had many positive allergy skin tests (intradermal testing), but Dr. Dhillon dismissed that as meaningless. He seemed skeptical that I actually had allergies. I've had difficulty tolerating allergy shots - they make me feel hazy and sick, sometimes for days. So Dr. Dhillon told me he wouldn't treat me. He said my symptoms were too unusual for him. He also presented me with a weird theory that I haven't heard from any other allergist: he said that my reactions were because of IgG antibodies, therefore since allergy shots increase IgG antibodies, allergy shots would make my reactions worse! I told him that actually, my allergies have gotten better since I've been getting allergy shots, and that I gradually build up tolerance to the allergy shots. But that seemed to make no difference to him. The other allergists I've seen have told me it's unknown why allergies and allergy shots sometimes make people feel sick and fuzzy-headed and less alert - so this may be just his personal speculation. Not helpful!
Do not go
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mohan D Dhillon - Posted on January 28th, 2015
Dr. Dhillon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of Manitoba
Graduated in 1984
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Mohan D Dhillon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Excellus BluePPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsALLERGY & ASTHMA CONSULTANTS, 4104 Vestal Rd Ste 108, Vestal, NY
Dr. Mohan D Dhillon is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Vestal, NY.