Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mohan D Dhillon has the following 1 specialty
- Allergy & Immunology
Dr. Mohan D Dhillon has the following 11 expertise
- Watery Eyes
- Hay Fever
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Nasal Allergies
Showing 5 of 7
Very businesslike, yet polite and personal. Probed for symptoms and ran skin tests. My case is pretty basic (runny nose and PND but nonetheless, aggravating) in that the skin tests led to what I have to believe was an easy diagnosis of four environmental allergens. Answered all of my questions. Will follow up in a month.
Dr. Dhillon seems like one of those allergists who make their jobs simple by using a very narrow definition of allergy and limiting their practice to people with obvious, classical allergy symptoms. I have suffered severely from allergies for decades, but mostly not with the classical symptoms such as runny nose, sneezing, etc.. Mostly, allergies make me feel sick, my head gets fuzzy, I'm less alert and I don't think well. I've had many positive allergy skin tests (intradermal testing), but Dr. Dhillon dismissed that as meaningless. He seemed skeptical that I actually had allergies. I've had difficulty tolerating allergy shots - they make me feel hazy and sick, sometimes for days. So Dr. Dhillon told me he wouldn't treat me. He said my symptoms were too unusual for him. He also presented me with a weird theory that I haven't heard from any other allergist: he said that my reactions were because of IgG antibodies, therefore since allergy shots increase IgG antibodies, allergy shots would make my reactions worse! I told him that actually, my allergies have gotten better since I've been getting allergy shots, and that I gradually build up tolerance to the allergy shots. But that seemed to make no difference to him. The other allergists I've seen have told me it's unknown why allergies and allergy shots sometimes make people feel sick and fuzzy-headed and less alert - so this may be just his personal speculation. Not helpful!
Dr. Dhillon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of Manitoba
Graduated in 1984
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Mohan D Dhillon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAllergy & Asthma Consultants, 4104 Vestal Rd Ste 108, Vestal, NY
Dr. Mohan D Dhillon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Vestal, NY.