2.4

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Mohan D Dhillon?

Very businesslike, yet polite and personal. Probed for symptoms and ran skin tests. My case is pretty basic (runny nose and PND but nonetheless, aggravating) in that the skin tests led to what I have to believe was an easy diagnosis of four environmental allergens. Answered all of my questions. Will follow up in a month.

Not for people with unusual allergy symptoms

Dr. Dhillon seems like one of those allergists who make their jobs simple by using a very narrow definition of allergy and limiting their practice to people with obvious, classical allergy symptoms. I have suffered severely from allergies for decades, but mostly not with the classical symptoms such as runny nose, sneezing, etc.. Mostly, allergies make me feel sick, my head gets fuzzy, I'm less alert and I don't think well. I've had many positive allergy skin tests (intradermal testing), but Dr. Dhillon dismissed that as meaningless. He seemed skeptical that I actually had allergies. I've had difficulty tolerating allergy shots - they make me feel hazy and sick, sometimes for days. So Dr. Dhillon told me he wouldn't treat me. He said my symptoms were too unusual for him. He also presented me with a weird theory that I haven't heard from any other allergist: he said that my reactions were because of IgG antibodies, therefore since allergy shots increase IgG antibodies, allergy shots would make my reactions worse! I told him that actually, my allergies have gotten better since I've been getting allergy shots, and that I gradually build up tolerance to the allergy shots. But that seemed to make no difference to him. The other allergists I've seen have told me it's unknown why allergies and allergy shots sometimes make people feel sick and fuzzy-headed and less alert - so this may be just his personal speculation. Not helpful!

Do not go

Horrible is all I can say about this Doctor, he should not be practicing if he doesn't want to listen to his patients>

Dr. Mohan D Dhillon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Vestal, NY.

Dr. Mohan D Dhillon Is this you?