Dr. Mohan Durve Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Mohan Durve?

Posted on August 18th, 2015

Horrible. The staff is stupid.

Posted on June 1st, 2015

I chose to go to Dr. Durve's office only because he has late office hours. Wow, I am sorry. After performing the allergy tests on me and two breathing tests, I was given two allergy shots and was told to come back the following week. Next week I showed up to his office, hoping for an explanation of the results from the allergy tests (it would be nice to know exactly what I am allergic to) and the results of the breathing tests since I have asthma. When Dr. Durve came into the room, he told me I would need two allergy shots every week for the next three years, and asked me if I filled the prescriptions he had prescribed last week. No, I didn't know he had prescribed them; he never gave me the prescriptions. He looked in my chart for the results of the breathing tests, and they weren’t there. Oh well. I told Dr. Durve I didn’t want to receive the allergy shots since my insurance didn’t cover the complete cost. So, when my visit was over, he led me out the door and told the nurse I was to have two allergy shots. “Are you listening to me? I don’t want the shots,” I had to remind him. I went that evening to CVS to fill the prescriptions he gave me, one for eye drops and another for a nasal spray. One of the prescriptions was $100 and the other was $75. I told the pharmacist to not fill the prescriptions because I don’t have that kind of money. He told me that from his experiences, Dr. Durve always prescribes the most expensive prescriptions. So, I still don’t know exactly what I am allergic to, don’t know the results of the breathing tests, and received a large bill in the mail that I have to pay for his office visit, although he didn’t help me at all. Some lessons you have to learn the hard way I suppose.

Posted on October 23rd, 2014

Terrible. Diagnosed as Seasonal Allergies. Take OTC medications, which did not work for teh years I tried them

Unbelievably Bad

Posted on September 13th, 2011

My hunch is that his office staff has added the rave reviews. I recently got an email from someone in his office, asking me to complete a survey to determine why I haven't been there in a long time. The email was sent to me and 24 other patients. Now I have the email addresses of 24 of his former patients. I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure this is a HIPPA violation.I found him rude and condescending. I just got back from another (different) allergist and had a completely different experience. I primarily stopped going (I never saw him during office visits anyway, only his staff) because I didn't have two hours to spare every Wednesday.I also recently learned from my new allergist that it is considered an evidence-based "practice" to have patients wait 30 minutes after injections in case of a negative reaction. His office followed no such practice, but probably because there wasn't enough seating on "shot days" and many patients had to stand and wait. Ridiculous.

Allergy treatment made a big difference with me

Posted on June 15th, 2011

I'm 42 and my allergies have just been getting worse over the years. I finally decided to do something about it for long term releif. I had been taking a nose spray, Zirtec, Claratin and 24 hour Pseudophedrine to manage my itchy and stuffy (and trouble sleeping becuase of it). Now i'm 1/2 way through my treatment and only taking zirtec and a 12 hour pseudophedrine only as needed. The staff is friendly and they really work hard to take care of me. I highly recommend Dr Durve. (he is all business but gets the job done when it comes to allergy treatment.)

A++++++++ all the way

Posted on April 29th, 2011

Best Doctor you will ever find anywhere. I never wrote anything for any doctor. I have been seeing many doctors for past 16 years. Very understanding, caring and never rushes you out....

Rating Dr. Durve

Posted on October 30th, 2010

Very efficient office. Very professional staff. Dr. Durve has a very efficient office visit.

Posted on October 25th, 2010

I have been to several allergist and asthma doctors for my son; but not a doctor that could do both. It makes it easier for me and he knows his stuff. He ran blood work for my son that no other doctor had done and found out more allergies that did not show up on his skin test.

doctor rating

Posted on January 10th, 2010

Dr. Durves staff is professional and friendly. He on the other hand rushes you in and out as fast as he can. I don't feel he fully listens to your problems and changes or increases your medications without examining you. The staff gives you your breathing test and shots, but he does not touch you. I'm very uncomfortable with him.

this way??

Posted on May 5th, 2008

At a recent appointment for my 2 year old son, who has a number of allergies, we were treated with utter disrespect and rudeness by Dr.Durve. I was not given the opportunity to ask questions, he took multiple cell phone calls in the exam room with us, and had poor bedside manner among other issues. Anyone else had a similar experience?

Posted on March 3rd, 2017