Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mohana K Naidu has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Personality Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
For starters, no eye contact, sat with back to us the entire time. Played very distracting ethnic music in the room. Was unwilling to talk about medications and what might be generic (good thing I did my homework first). Kept saying she was not a Pharmacist. Was consistently rude. Office was a mess with multiple open food containers. When it was time to end she simply said, "Okay, get out". When walked up front I asked about follow-up and she said two weeks and walked away. I stood there aghast and said well "good bye, have a nice day". No on top on have a need for a psychiatrist I have one with no people skills. I'd look elsewhere, she is horrible.
I have never in my life experienced such a horrible Dr. She is rude, doesn't listen, has your back turned to you the whole time. I was on an aniexty med for 2 months that Dr. Mohana had prescribed me. After having to cancel an appt 2 hrs before a scheduled appt with her for a refill due to my child being severely ill (have a hospital note) Dr. Mohana had dropped me as a pt and refused meds. I began going through severe withdrawals. My new Dr. Is disgusted and can not believe her neglect.
I had a student in crisis. HER PATIENT - called the doc and she was dismissive and asked me why i would call HER for help. She was rude, disrespectful, and dismissive of a child that was in crisis. " have already made the diagnosis and have her medicated. What more do you want me to do?" These were her words to me. I am a licensed professional advocating for HER PATIENT in need and she responds like this. If you love your children, please do not go to this doctor. She shouldn't be practicing if this is her attitude toward mental health.
Dr. Naidu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
University Of Health Sciences Antigua
Graduated in 1980
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Mohana K Naidu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueCare Direct
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAssociates In Psychiatry And Counseling Pc, 2050 Larkin Ave Ste 202, Elgin, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mohana K Naidu in this video.
Dr. Mohana K Naidu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Elgin, IL.