More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mohinder K Guram
Dr. Mohinder K Guram, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ronkonkoma, NY. She has 39 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Guram is affiliated with North Shore University Hospital and Stonybrook University Hospital. Dr. Guram has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Mohinder K Guram has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Guram is a compassionate, caring, and highly effective pediatrician. From birth until the age of 19 my daughters were in her care. She was not only their doctor when they were ill or needed a yearly physical, but was also a trusted professional who they could speak to about their educational goals as they got older. Dr. Guram would always take the time to discuss any concerns that I had or that my daughters had. We always knew she had the best intentions for her patients. This is also very evident through the display of children's artwork and holiday postcards that family's send her yearly. My daughter, now 25 and expecting a child of her own, will be entrusting her bundle of joy with Dr. Guram.
my child was seen for ear infection i was trying to tell dr. ear pain has been off an one for 2 months with hearing loss. She said i don't want to talk about it i have a meeting .If i don't like it she's sorry .I will never see that women ever again.She looked in her ears prescribed amoxicillen and walked out.I will never see that women ever again. Im also going to complain to advantage care management
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Guram is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Government Medical College
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Mohinder K Guram accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRonkonkoma Medical Office, 640 Hawkins Ave, Ronkonkoma, NY
Dr. Mohinder K Guram is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ronkonkoma, NY.