The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mohiuddin Cheema has the following 1 specialty
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. Mohiuddin Cheema has the following 7 expertise
- Diabetes Complications
- Vascular Malformations
- Limb Salvage
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Varicose Veins
Showing 5 of 10
I was brought to Hartford Hospital in 2015, A female at the age of 46, with heart related issues, blood pressure was close to 200/100, out of breath, heavy feeling in chest (no pain), exhaustion, fatigue, upper back pain (sharp between shoulder blades), left arm and shoulder pain with (tingling) numbness, left jaw and neck pain with nausea, and a terrible headache. I had an angiogram showing three blocked arteries. My main artery was close to 100% and two others close to 50% blocked. A stent was not an option for my main artery. Dr. Cheema made me feel safe. He took the time to speak with my husband, over the phone, the night before surgery. Dr Cheema never rushed any conversations with my family or myself. The most important part (my life, my future) was never overlooked. The doctors used arteries from my chest (stronger) for the bypass and bypassed two other arteries, even though they were near 50%. My scar was the least of my worries and It still amazes me how good it looks. I am grateful for everything.
excellent surgeon with great bedside manners and very thorough
I became a patient of Dr. Cheema 3 years ago. He has overlooked my arterial disease closely. He makes sure he has a full review of my condition on a yearly basis. I have never been rushed while in his office. He has even called me at home when I had concerns. His office staff has always returned my calls in a timely manner. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Cheema.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
20 Years Experience
Aga Khan Medical College
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Mohiuddin Cheema accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsConnecticut Surgical Group Vas, 85 Seymour St Ste 409, Hartford, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mohiuddin Cheema in this video.
Dr. Mohiuddin Cheema is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hartford, CT.