Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Molly D Magnano
Dr. Molly D Magnano, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Berkeley, CA. She has 17 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Rheumatology. Dr. Magnano is affiliated with Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Alta Bates Campus. Dr. Magnano has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Molly D Magnano has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Sjogren's Syndrome
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
I lost several years that could have gone to treating Chronic/Late-Stage Lyme Disease, because of Dr Magnano's dismissive approach and lack of knowledge about this illness. I caution anyone who trusts her to be diligent about getting to the bottom of what is causing your symptoms. Turns out, my symptoms were fairly classic.
This doctor turns away patients with Sjogren's because they don't show the two Sjogren's markers. Any real Sjogren's doctor knows you can have Sjogren's without the markers visible at the time. My friend and I both have severe Sjogren's for years. Our markers show up sometimes and not others. I was declared severe Sjogren's by a top doctor in San Francisco and had all the symptoms but not the markers, this time. How can you turn away a Sjogren's patient with the syndrome? Not a Sjogren's doctor. An arrogant sham leaving patients feeling hopeless.
I went to see Dr. Magnano for possible steroid injections into my arthritic thumbs. (When Dr. Magnano does this, she gets a wistful look on her face and talks about how she does it for her mom, too. I think I remind her of her mom! I am that old, I guess.) My favorite visit was our first visit: She was going through everything I'd written in my history, asking questions, and then began a hands-on kind of unofficial exam. She had me stand and do this or that - and then started pinching me and it HURT! I began trying to avert her pinches, sprinting around the small office as best I could, but she'd corner me and pinch away. Finally, she stopped pinching and diagnosed me with fibromyalgia. The first few times I was in her office, we did not chit chat too much - she asks a lot of questions and she's getting medical history out of you, but she makes it fun. But then once we got to just talking, she had a lot to say on all sorts of medical topics. She is one sharp doctor. She can take one look at me and tell me where I may need some kind of treatment. And she has a sense of humor.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Magnano is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Molly D Magnano accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSutter East Bay Medical Foundation, 2999 Regent St Ste 301, Berkeley, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Molly D Magnano in this video.
Dr. Molly D Magnano is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Berkeley, CA.