Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Molly V Silas has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Molly V Silas has the following 14 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
Dr. Molly V Silas is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
Self-verified patient of Dr. Molly V Silas - Posted on July 19th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Molly V Silas - Posted on May 31st, 2018
Dr. Silas knows her medications better than any doctor I've ever seen, and with a disabled child myself, I've seen a lot of doctors. She focuses on 1 thing at a time to help you get emotionally stable and she works with a lot of supplements. She likes the natural stuff. Because I also have a lot of other physical medical conditions, she has recieved those tests and takes the time to go through them. Thankfully, she had noticed something important that was passed up on a test from my specialist. I would recommend Dr. Silas to anyone and have referred family to her.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Molly V Silas - Posted on July 14th, 2017
AVOID Dr. Silas at ALL costs!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Molly V Silas - Posted on March 23rd, 2017
Incompetent, irresponsible, and lazy. If you weren't depressed, suicidal and anxious before you-- certainly will be after seeing Dr. Silas! This doctor flat out doesn't care... If you need any sort of hospitalization you are completely on your own to figure it out, Dr. Silas is not only clueless, she won't lift a finger to help you out. You are literally on your own to try to figure how to be admitted to a hospital, even if she recommends it. You are better off NOT seeing a doctor at ALL than seeing Dr. Silas!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Molly V Silas - Posted on August 23rd, 2016
28 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1990
University Of Minnesota Health Care System
Dr. Molly V Silas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- BCBS MN BluePrint
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Preferred One PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Molly V Silas is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Chanhassen, MN.