Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mona K Merritt
Dr. Mona K Merritt, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Grand Rapids, MI, with another office in Muskegon, MI. She has 23 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Merritt is affiliated with Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services. She speaks English.
Dr. Mona K Merritt has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Mona K Merritt has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Mona K Merritt has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mona K Merritt is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
She arrived 40 minutes late for my appointment then stated there was not enough time for my scheduled appointment, acted like it was preposterous of me to expect timeliness and her to understand why it was scheduled. I was a new patient here, she did not read my records despite confirming access to them. She treated me like I was the issue - I felt completely disrespected and inconvenienced.
Dr. Merritt herself is wonderful. She remembers her patients and is very involved in their lives and helping them. The office staff can be rude at times. The nurses are kind but not prompt. The making of appointments is okay, but plan on spending half of the afternoon there. Recently my appointment was canceled twice with the last reschedule offered two weeks out. It was very disappointing and would make my newborns shot schedule get way off.
Dr. Merritt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Mona K Merritt accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mona K Merritt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grand Rapids, MI.