Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mona Shimshi MD
Dr. Mona Shimshi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bridgeport, CT. She has 32 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Shimshi is affiliated with Mt Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Hospital of Queens and Bridgeport Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Mona Shimshi has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mona Shimshi has the following 2 expertise
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
Dr. Mona Shimshi is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Shimshi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mt Sinai Hospital
Mount Sinai Hospital of Queens
Mt Sinai Hospital of Queens
Bridgeport Hospital, Bridgeport CT
White Plains Hospital Medical Center
32 Years Experience
Rosalind Franklin University
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Mona Shimshi Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Mona Shimshi's office for more information.
226 Mill Hill Ave Bridgeport, CT : (203) 384-3394
Locations & Directions226 Mill Hill Ave, Bridgeport, CT
Dr. Mona Shimshi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bridgeport, CT.