Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Monalisa M Mitra has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Women's Health
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 8
I have been going to Dr. Mitra going on 3 years. I guess I haven't been a sick enough patient. Just today I called to get an appointment and have medicine refilled and was told I wasn't a good fit for this office ???? I don't go to the doctor enough I guess. Felt very disrespected. So unprofessional for a doctor who is supposed to be there for her patients to tell you to go elsewhere. Don't bother with this office. Not worth your time.
As a medical professional and surgical patient myself, I have a much more accurate understanding of how post operative activities should occur. Dr. Mitra is first and for most not respected by her nursing staff, she is known to be late by hours and is very disorganized. Her tone is rude and condescending (more so because she blatantly lied to me because she did not know I too am a medical professional). At the Baylor Surgical Center at Trophy Club everyone we came into touch with was competent, peasent and delightful, with the exception of Dr. Mitra. All she did was treat the patient rudely and provide false information. Stay away from her.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
32 Years Experience
University Of North Texas Health Science Center College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Monalisa M Mitra accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsExcel Physicians Group PLLC, 4100 Heritage Ave Ste 106, Grapevine, TX
Dr. Monalisa M Mitra is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grapevine, TX.