Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Monica Arora MD
Dr. Monica Arora has the following 3 specialties
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Monica Arora has the following 12 expertise
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
Dr. Monica Arora is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Straight Forward and one of the best in Omaha
Self-verified patient of Dr. Monica Arora - Posted on April 23rd, 2013
Dr. Arora is by far one of the best psychiatric doctors in Omaha. She will tell you straight even if you aren't ready to hear it. I have been to multiple psychiatrists in Omaha and always wondered if they knew their stuff; I never wondered that with Dr. Arora. She had my teenager pegged within a few visits. It was a relief to finally find the answers I have been looking for. I highly recommend her. I trust her with the care of my child.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
23 Years Experience
Goa Medical College
Graduated in 1996
Creighton University Medical Center
Dr. Monica Arora Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Monica Arora's office for more information.
7101 Newport Ave Ste 203 Omaha, NE : (402) 572-2916
More about Dr. Monica Arora
Psychiatry Information Psychiatrists specialize in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of mental, addictive and emotional disorders. They understand the biological, psychological and social components of illness and are able to order diagnostic laboratory tests and to prescribe medications.
Locations & DirectionsALEGENT CREIGHTON HEALTH PSYCHIATRIC ASSOCIATES, 7101 Newport Ave Ste 203, Omaha, NE
Dr. Monica Arora is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Omaha, NE.