Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Monica S Balfour has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Let's face it ladies no matter how nice the lobby, the tea, the soothing music is; what really matters is the doctor's "bed-side manner." The doctor's ability to make the most vulnerable situation ok. Dr. Balfour is the best at "doing it right" in Wisconsin, Texas and now California. Her schedule is always overbooked so it is not the easiest to get in to see her, but well worth it. Thankfully she is as dedicated to public service as she is to medicine, or only the wealthy would get to see her, because of who she is money and status don't matter. Thanks Dr. Balfour!
I think Dr. Balfour was nice enough. I think she's a good OBGYN if you're completely normal and fully functioning. She seems to deal well with everyday issues. I however, am not one of those patients. I had out of the ordinary concerns and I've had them my entire adult life. I wanted to address the concerns and find out the cause instead of just treating the system and she all but ignored my request. I'm going to continue looking for another doctor till I find one who will look into my concerns and care about my health as much as I do.
26 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Monica S Balfour accepts the following insurance providers.
- Kaiser Permanente
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKaiser Permanente South Sacramento Medical Center, 6600 Bruceville Rd, Sacramento, CA
Dr. Monica S Balfour is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sacramento, CA.