Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Monica E Lopez has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
Showing 5 of 24
The ob/gyn I was seeing was great, but she retired so I had to find a new one. I went to Dr. Lopez because her office was conveniently located. I had a horrible experience! I waited at least 30 minutes. She was rude and judgmental/uncaring. Maybe it's because I am in my early 20s, but everything she said to me was condescending. She treated me as if I did not know anything and I was a huge risk for diseases simply because I'm not married. She ignored my personal history and the actual questions that I tried to ask her. The physical exam itself was much more painful than any of my previous ones had been. Overall experience was awful. I felt violated and disrespected. NEVER going back to her.
Overall, I had a very poor experience with this doctor and office in general. I was there for a follow-up after being admitted to the hospital the pervious week. There was a very long wait time and communication seemed poor, as no one seemed to know why I was there. The doctor had a very poor bedside manner and her comments and answers to my questions seemed very uncaring, even rude. After leaving her office, I burst into tears once I got to my car. I never went back and ended up having a wonderful experience with another OBGYN. I had never had a bad experience with a doctor before this, but she really made me feel awful. The one positive in Dr Lopez's office is the nurse who drew my blood. She was very sweet and did a great job.
I've been seeing Dr Lopez for 4 years and she has always been invested in not only knowing me personally (asking about my kids/work etc), but also addressing my concerns and valuing my ideas and opinions. She has cared for me during two of my pregnancies. My last (a high risk pregnancy) required me to stay in antepartum at Baylor for preterm labor. She would come by EVERYDAY (after or before office hours or during lunch) during the two week period to visit with me. She truly values her patients, but can be very frank and I can see why some people may be put off by that. It saddens me that she has bad reviews and I felt it necessary to share my experience with Dr Lopez.
15 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Monica E Lopez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Monica E Lopez in this video.
Dr. Monica E Lopez is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Grapevine, TX.