Dr. Monica Peacocke Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Monica Peacocke?

She seldom returns calls, is arrogant, talks more about herself in the exam room than me, and is completely unprofessional.

Compassionate and caring

Exceptional and Insanely Smart.

I can't tell you how much Dr Peacocke has helped me. She was confident in her diagnosis that no other gyn could diagnose. It wasn't that complicated but a severe vitamin deficiency caused all sorts of problems with my system. Dr Peacocke also has extended hours, which help greatly given my crazy work hours. Dont think... just make an appointment with Dr Peacocke if your usual gyn isn't working for something unusual. She is fantastic and worth it. Thank you Dr Peacocke.

I have never been treated so badly and so unprofessionally by a doctor as I have by this doctor . She ignores all my phone calls and won't call back - her office won't send me my blood work until I spend more money to see her. I wish I had read the reviews here before I went and stayed away!! She told me exactly the same thing as everyone else. I have reported her to my regular GYN - she is taking advantage of women. I will never go back!!!!!

Excellent care by a doctor who knows her vaginas

Amazing bedside manner and willingness to explain my condition to me. She immediately understood what my issue was within minutes and this is after being seen by so many doctors over many years and getting no answers.

4th grade teacher

Dr. Peacocke helped me get off 19 pills a day. She is a wise and amazing!

Very positive and confident when giving results and remedy.

Has helped me a lot - staff / atmosphere of office very pleasant :) Suffern location very convenient for us NJ women !!!

Simply the best.

Crazy....

I am very surprised by the good ratings Dr. Peacocke has received. I unfortunately was not successful in the treatments. I went to Dr. Peacocke with terrible vulvar pain (constant pain and burning), she listened and was genuinely understanding. However, she diagnosed me with desquamative inflammatory vaginitis which she said was due to vitamin A toxicity and vitamin D deficiency. She sold me a bottle of Vitamin D and told me I would be cured in 3 months. Desperate to be free of pain, I believed her (as many unsuspecting women in pain have, according to these reviews) because I had already seen 3 gynecologists and the only advice they could offer me was to avoid coffee and orange juice (?). 3 months later I returned, still in pain, and was told it would take 6 months. And so this went on for years (and thousands of dollars later, since she does not take insurance), with the addition of vagifem and iron supplements. I finally gave up and saw another pelvic pain specialist who concluded I was misdiagnosed with DIV (his father was the Dr. to first bring attention to this disorder). I eventually saw a general pain specialist, went for an MRI and discovered I have a labral tear in my hip that is most likely referring the pain to the vular area. If I could go back and do this all over again, I would skip Dr. Peacocke. It was a waste of my time and money. I understand that every case is different and that she is a dermatologist who may be able to help you if you are ailed by dermatological infections, such as lichen sclerosus. Vulvar pain is a very difficult thing to cope with and is extremely misunderstood. I want to believe that she is a good person and not someone taking advantage of women in pain. In all likelihood, she will attribute your pain to a vitamin D deficiency (btw, there are no conclusive studies supporting this - but if you want to rule this out, go to a regular dr. and have them test your vitamin levels). Therefore, skip her! If you are suffering with vulvodynia, have already seen several gyno's telling you you're fine and it's in your head, get yourself an MRI/X-ray/CT-scan just to rule out the possibility of having another issue first. This is based on my experience, but I hope it gives other women insight and can prevent them from wasting their time on this Dr./Treatment.

Great vulvovaginal specialist

She is fantastic at what she does. She is not a general gynecologist. She is an expert on desquamative inflammatory vaginitis and while she does not accept insurance, her advice and care are well worth the money.

She is an extremely intelligent and caring physician. She does not run you out of her office and allows you to ask as many questions as you need. Many reviews are correct -- she is NOT a gynecologist, but she does not say she is one. She is an academic who is an expert on certain vulvovaginal disorders. These disorders are not always best treated by your run-of-the-mill gynos. If you go to her for the appropriate problem, she will help.