Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Monica N Ray
Dr. Monica N Ray, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Willoughby Hills, OH. She has 35 years of experience. Her specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ray is affiliated with Uh Cleveland Medical Center and Cleveland Clinic Childrens Hospital For Rehabilitation. Dr. Ray has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Monica N Ray has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Monica N Ray has the following 17 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Celiac Disease
- Crohn's Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Ultrasonic Endoscopy (EUS)
- Colon Cancer
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Esophageal Achalasia
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
Dr. Monica N Ray has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Monica N Ray is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Very poor bedside manners. I was given med by my DOCTOR in her office, and she getting very smart talking to me as to why am taking taking this med, I should not be taking it, it is very additing, you need to get off of it right now. I told her I liked the med and it was helping me and the Dr. gave it to me. She is a Nurse practioner, not a doctor, so she said she she going to talk to the Dr. and have her change my Med. The new med is not helping me at all, so now i have to call back and see what they are going to do help me. I will never do to her again!
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Ray is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Dalhousie University Faculty Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Monica N Ray accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCleveland Clinic Willoughby Hills Family Health CT, 2570 Som Center Rd, Willoughby Hills, OH
Dr. Monica N Ray is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Willoughby Hills, OH.