Have you seen Dr. Monica M Scheel?

Great staff, great experience

I was very pleased with the staff at this office and how pleasant my treatment was. They gave me a lot of good information on how to take care of my treatment afterwards and the front offie staff was extremely helpful when I wanted to purchase products as I checked out

This office is great!

Very helpful and friendly staff with a lot of experience. I was really happy with the treatments I had done, and would highly recommend this practice to anyone on the Big Island. I really felt like they paid special attention to my needs and I left there feeling better than when I first walked in!

Very happy patient

I came to Dr. Scheel's office with a lot of sun damage accumulated over the years having lived in sunny climates most of my life. After just one IPL session, almost all the brown spots on my face disappeared. I was so happy with the results that I dared to try something I didn't think I'd ever do ... botox & fillers. Bye bye wrinkles on the forehead and around the eyes, hello plumper lips! I'm totally sold on these treatments and highly recommend Dr. Scheel and her staff if you have any skin-related concerns, cosmetic or medical. In fact, next time I'm going in for a skin exam because one of the PAs who gave me a peel recently noticed some spots on my arm that might be of concern. I love that they are not only focused on the cosmetic side of things but also on the lookout for medical issues that I may not have noticed. That's genuine care of their patients!

Good only for cosmetic procedures, in my experience

The primary emphasis of this practice appears to be cosmetic in nature. I did buy a package of five laser treatments, and after two treatments I was diagnosed with a seizure disorder, which meant that I could not use the remaining treatments. This nurse who performed the procedure (I never saw Dr. Scheel) said that I would get a refund on the remaining unused treatments, but the next day I received a call from the receptionist stating that the doctor refused to refund the payment for the unused treatments. My husband also saw the physician's assistant regarding a skin rash. The PA, who was very personable and pleasant, recommended an over the counter ointment without doing any diagnostic testing. It turned out to be follicultis, which is a serious infection, and which got progressively worse. Finally we went to another dermatologist in Kona, who appears to be more medically oriented, and received a thorough assessment and treatment. BTW, we never laid eyes on Dr. Scheel at any point. This appears to be more a spa than a medical practice.

Unsatisfactory Experience w/Licensed Physician Assistant at Dr. Scheelʻs

I think the office and staff all around are professional and friendly however I did not like how initials P.C. was pushing SALES on me. I went in to do get the creases on my hands treated INSTEAD she gives me botox around my eyes which made my eyes droop and look tired. She pushed a SKINCARE LINE, getting a HYDRAFACIAL a SONICARE FACIAL BRUSH and MINERAL Makeup on me then told me to make another appointment to get my hands done and added that they can pump Rystelene, voluma and botox in my face again (Im in my mid 30ʻs i dont need the face stuff I went in for my hands!). Please LISTEN to your CLIENTS and get their needs met NOT YOURS. We spend a LOT of money on these types of procedures.

Dr. Monica M Scheel is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Kailua Kona, HI.