Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Monica C Stiles has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
Dr. Monica C Stiles has the following 10 expertise
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
Dr. Monica C Stiles has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 6
I saw Dr. Stiles after my internist referred me to the Endo Clinic at the U of M. He had advised a specific test that only endocrinologists do. Dr. Stiles seemed OK at first and said she would schedule the test after examining me. Then she went to get this other lady endocrinologist who she must be working under. The older one was extremely rude and didn't think the test was necessary. She wanted a bunch of tests that my regular internist already had just run. She even had his records. Dr. Stiles seemed intimidated by this older woman doctor. After the older one left, Dr. Stiles turned just hostile. She said she wouldn't run the test that my internist wanted because she didn't think it was necessary. She said she wanted all those other tests again and then she would see me back. I told her I was moving out of state and changing insurance. There wouldn't be time for all this, so I called my regular doctor. He called and talked to another endocrinologist and got me in for the test I needed. Thank God he did, because they found out that what he suspected was accurate. Now I'm on a couple different meds and feel a whole lot better. What is it with the U? Why do those doctors act so cocky? On second thought, maybe it is just the female doctors who are that way. Maybe they should check their own hormones. I won't see a woman doctor again.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Monica C Stiles accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
Locations & DirectionsWestfields Hospital, 535 Hospital Rd, New Richmond, WI
Dr. Monica C Stiles is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Richmond, WI.