Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Monica O Torres has the following 2 specialties
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Pain Medicine
- Chronic Pain
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
First visit to Torres will be my last. She asked me questions, poked me here and there, watched me struggle to get on the exam table, had to ask for help and a step stool to get on the exam table, took my leg and twisted the s_ _ _ out of it with such force and quickness that I screamed out it pain. I immediately went into a fetal position and the pain brought me to uncontrollable tears. She did this after I clearly explained to her that I could not lay flat on my back, could not straighten out my right leg, etc. Oh yeah, I walk with a cane, you think she would noticed. She left the room without sending someone in to assist me getting off the exam table or telling me the exam was over. I brought my MRI records and she disagreed with the findings. She stated, "You should not have this much pain, the MRI does not show spinal stenosis is that bad." I explained to her that I do not take any type of pain Rx nor have I had an epidural. I have done everything naturally with no synthetics. My belief is she has no business working with people. She is suited for working in a lab, etc., where her personality would be better served.
I agree with all of the bad ratings for this doctor. My mother went to Dr. Torres for pain management. Dr. Torres ignored my mother's health and pain concerns. Dr. Torres was treating my mother as if she had compression fractures. Dr. Torres missed the fact that my mother had blood cancer, multiple myeloma, which is extremely painful. How Dr. Torres missed this is beyond me! My mother died last month. Stay away from this doctor.
Dr. Monica O Torres accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Monica O Torres is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Scottsdale, AZ.