Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Monika Korff
Dr. Monika Korff, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Columbia, MD, with other offices in Ellicott City, MD and Baltimore, MD (and 1 other location). She has 12 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Allergy and Immunology. Dr. Korff is affiliated with Howard County General Hospital, The Johns Hopkins Hospital and Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Monika Korff has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Korff is an excellent doctor. She, at times, may give off wrong vibes which I believe she is not aware of. Nonetheless, she is good at what she does and I have gotten great results with my daughter's allergies.
Dr. Korff is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Howard County General Hospital
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
12 Years Experience
Loma Linda University
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Monika Korff accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Monika Korff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, MD.