Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Monika R Mahal has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
We voiced concerns about our daughter's delay in speech. We asked for a hearing test to make sure everything was working properly. Dr. Mahal disregarded us multiple times. She finally said the office staff would contact us with the info for a hearing test center. A week went by and no word. I called back and spoke to a woman at the front desk who told me to just "google it!" I told her I didn't feel confortable just google-ing for a hearing center and would prefer her to give me a few names of doctors in the area. We have amazing insurance so that's not an issue. She then told me since our insurance doesn't require a referral, that I should just google a place. She then preceded to explain to me how to use google! (Roll eyes here!) I clearly wasn't getting anywhere with the staff. About the speech concerns; we were told by Dr. Mahal, that she'd just grow out of it, and pick up from other kids and adults. When I explained that since I'm with her all the time I do understand her, but others including peers do not. She told me, don't worry kids understand each other. Well let's skip forward 2 year, our now 4 year old daughter is dropping consonants, and having a difficult time communicating with unfamiliar people. She's in a Montessori school full time, and they encouraged us, and gave us the contact info for a speech therapist. Today she had her "test." She fail. Thanks Dr. Mahal for dropping the ball, and not listening to parents' concerns. Since after all, parents spend the most time with their children, and tend to know what's going on. Here's a little bed side manner of Dr. Mahal's; picking her lunch out of her teeth while "examining" her patient. She barely spent any time gaining the trust of her new 2yr old patient, let alone speaking to her. What a great peds doc. Please leave peds to real doctors who have a heart for kids. Maybe a change to podiatry would better suit her.
23 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Monika R Mahal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPeaceHealth Medical Group, 4545 Cordata Pkwy, Bellingham, WA
Dr. Monika R Mahal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bellingham, WA.