Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Monique Canonico has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
By far the smartest woman I have ever met. She treated me for spasmodic torticollis and totally changed my life for the better. She always listened to my problems and gave professional answers that were in no way pompous like some Neuros do. She always explained everything in detail and made it easy for me to understand. She made my life a lot more pain free than ever before. She always greeted me with a beautiful smile and she has a heart of gold. Going far and above the call of duty, she really cares for her patients. If You're in need of a top notch Neurologist she is the one to see. Her skills and knowledge are second to none. If I still lived in Hawaii she'd still be my Neurologist but I had to move and I haven't found a Neurologist even half as awesome as she is since moving to Houston and I highly doubt if I ever will anywhere on earth. I cannot ever thank Doctor Canonico enough for all she did for me!
22 Years Experience
Kansas City University Of Medicine And Biosciences
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Monique Canonico accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKaiser Permanente Mapunapuna Clinic, 2828 Paa St, Honolulu, HI
Dr. Monique Canonico is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Honolulu, HI.