Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Monique F Gagnon has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Monique F Gagnon has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Monique F Gagnon is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Gagnon is wonderful. She has been my children's doctor for their whole lives - they are 14 and 16. She has a great bedside manner, very gentle and caring. She spends a lot of time with us and answers any questions, never making us feel rushed. My daughter has had serious mental health issues for the past couple of years and I have called her with a lot of questions. She is always willing to spend time on the phone with me and she is very reassuring. I can't say enough good things about her! And the practice as a whole is wonderful too - all of the doctors, nurses and staff are great.
In the two months I went there, first two of my sons life, they missed his low thyroid, and treated me as if I was the problem. At birth he tested positive for the biotin enzyme deficiency, (a standard test in Connecticut) the nurse practitioner told me that it doesn't matter, it's just some "state thing,", and only when he is a grown up and wants to have a family of his own will it matter, since it's a recessive gene he just needs to be sure his wife doesn't have the same problem. This is completely WRONG. He needs to take additional Biotin (a B vitamin) daily (compounded at Walgreens New Haven) otherwise his body, which can not process it will be under undo stress. This place sucks. As a first time mom I can not tell you how stressful it was, And the parking, or lack there of, makes it more so. The pediatricians most of whom were female were condescending and seemed annoyed by questions and a less that purely obedient approach. They charge $20 for each after hours call to farmed out nurses in Canada. It seems to be a factory too many kids, too many doctors.
Dr. Gagnon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
New England Medical Center
Dr. Monique F Gagnon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPediatric Center, 126 Morgan St, Stamford, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Monique F Gagnon in this video.
Dr. Monique F Gagnon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stamford, CT.