Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Monique F Margetis has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Pulmonology
A pediatric pulmonologist is the go-to resource for children who need treatment for any kind of breathing issue or lung disease. If your child coughs up blood, has a cough that isn’t going away, or displays other symptoms such as trouble breathing, chest pain or wheezing, you can ask your doctor to refer you to a pediatric pulmonologist.
Common conditions and diseases they treat range from noisy breathing, asthma and chronic coughs to lung disease, apnea and cystic fibrosis. They can also diagnose and treat cases of pneumonia in children and prescribe any kind of respiratory medication or equipment your child might need.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Monique F Margetis has the following 2 expertise
- Cystic Fibrosis
Dr. Monique F Margetis is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
47 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Monique F Margetis accepts the following insurance providers.
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsChildrens Hospital Los Angeles, 4650 W Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Monique F Margetis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.