Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Monte L Slatton
Dr. Monte L Slatton, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Amarillo, TX. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Slatton is affiliated with Baptist St Anthony's Health System - Baptist Campus and Northwest Texas Healthcare System. He speaks English.
Dr. Monte L Slatton has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Monte L Slatton has the following 17 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Holter monitoring
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- Blood Clot
- Heart Diseases
- Cholesterol Management
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
- Nuclear Medicine
- Heart Attack
Dr. Monte L Slatton has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 14
I waited nearly 4 hours (an hour of that was in the cath lab, laying on a steel table and absolutely freezing to death) and then was told that he had an emergency. However they did not offer to reschedule nor apologize for the wait. All of the staff were cold and impersonal. Staff only spoke when they had to and no effort was made to be kind...in fact they were all borderline rude. I still need to have my angiogram done but I don't know if it will be with this group.
Dr Slatton is interested in getting an accurate diagnoses of his patients. He answered my and my sons questions about me. He told us he is going to be running a series of tests on me to help him make a better diagoses of what's wrong with me. He told me more in one visit than Dr Jaffar did in 4 visits.
Told us that our father got a blood clot from Heart Cath and put him on blood thinners and then a week later on the follow up -Did not even bother to come discuss why my dad had a fistula. and not the clot they first said. We went to DALLAS for a second opinion and two weeks prior asked for his films to be sent. Upon arriving at Dallas (5.5 hours away) They had only sent them on Thursday and the dr had not gotten them yet. Sent a report stating father had no clot or fistula but vascular surgeon said he did. It has been one thing after another. Will not go back and will seek another dr.
Dr. Slatton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1989
Dallas Co Hp Parkland Memorial
Dr. Monte L Slatton accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- FirstCare PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCardiology Center of Amarillo, 6200 W Interstate 40, Amarillo, TX
Dr. Monte L Slatton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Amarillo, TX.