Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Monty B Polonsky
Dr. Monty B Polonsky, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Arcadia, CA. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Polonsky is affiliated with Huntington Hospital, Citrus Valley Medical Center and Orthopaedic Institute For Children. He speaks English.
Dr. Monty B Polonsky has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
Showing 5 of 18
My brother recently passed away from gastric cancer, he lasted a little more than a year. Linitis Plastica has a grim prognosis, because it is usually diagnosed in the late stages of the disease. I credit his year of survival to the diligent oncology staff from UCLA, who advised us on what treatments to seek and ask for, from Dr. Polonsky. Having the UCLA staff , as a second opinion source, gave us a little more time with my brother.
BESIDE HIS COLD, FROSTY, COCKY DEMEANOR, HE IS VERY SARCASTIC, AND SHOWS ABSOLUTELY NO COMPASSION FOR HIS PATIENTS WHAT SO EVER. BEING THAT HE IS AN "ONCOLOGIST" ONE AS A PATIENT WOULD EXPECT BETTER TREATMENT. IF YOU ARE BEING "TREATED" BY THIS "DOCTOR" PLEASE SEEK FOR A SECOND OPPINION!!! HE DOES NOT PROVIDE PATIENTS WITH THE PROPER FOLLOW CARE. MY FAMILY MEMBER/PATIENT WAS TREATED FOR STAGE 2 CANCER, WENT TO FOLLOW UP APPOINTMENTS, AND WAS TOLD HE/SHE WAS "CANCER FREE". A COUPLE OF WEEKS AFTER THAT BEING SAID, PATIENT WAS DIAGNOSED WITH STAGE 4 TERMINAL CANCER WHILE BE TREATED AT AN E.R. FACILITY!! IT WAS MENTIONED TO ME BY ANOTHER PHYSICIAN FROM THE HOSPITAL THAT PATIENT SHOULD HAVE HAD A P.E.T. OR CAT SCAN AS A FOLLOW UP.PATIENT EXPIRED SHORTLY AFTER DIAGNOSIS. OOOOPS!!! JUST SOMEONE'S LIFE; RIGHT DOC??!! THANK YOU FOR "CARE" DR. POLONSKY!
Dr. Polonsky is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1986
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Monty B Polonsky accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
LA Care Health
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsShapiro Stafford And Yee, 622 W Duarte Rd Ste 202, Arcadia, CA
Dr. Monty B Polonsky is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arcadia, CA.