Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Morris E Brown III has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Morris E Brown III has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Morris E Brown III has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Morris E Brown III is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
Dr. Brown and his staff are excellent! My family and I have been patients of Dr. Brown for the last 7 years. He cares about your health and he is very informative. My youngest son started running a temp. of 102+ when he was 3 years old. I took him to the ER the Doctor on staff told me that he had a strep and gave him antibiotics. I administered the medication as prescribed for 4 days, but the temp never came down it keep going up. I took my son to Dr. Brown on a Friday morning. He gave him a stronger antibiotic and advised me to bring my son back in first thing Monday morning. When I took him back on Monday his temp was 106 and he showed sign of dehydration and he went from 26lbs to 23lbs over the weekend. Dr. Brown admitted him into the hospital and Dr. Brown ran every test under the son on him. He was later Diagnosed with pneumonia. Dr. Brown came by the hospital and sat with me and my son everyday until he was released. If it was not for Dr. Brown I believe that my son would have died. I truly trust Dr. Brown and his staff with our lives.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
27 Years Experience
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Graduated in 1991
Portsmouth General Hospital
Dr. Morris E Brown III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Morris E Brown III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lake City, SC.