Dr. Morris Mitsunaga Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Morris Mitsunaga?

FAILED BACK SURGERY!!

Posted on July 18th, 2016

Dr. Mitsunaga performed back surgery on me last year 2015. It failed in less then 2 weeks after, which the 1 time he saw me months later, told me to just wait it out. My most recent CT shows the implant has moved 3/4 of an inch!! He was the most rushed, arrogant surgeon I have had the displeasure of dealing with!! He spent all of 5 mins with me, which during that time 4 of those minutes were telling how great he was! and how his son is also a neurosurgeon and his daughter is a investment banker!! REALLY!!! I can't hardly walk now, after his botched surgery on me!! Also, try and call his office if you really want to speak to a completely incompetent staff!! They are the rudest girls I have ever spoke to at ANY doctors office!! That is if you can get anyone to actually speak to, because I assure you, there will be NO call back!! They sound like they are straight out of high school and English is NOT a language the speak or understand!! I realize we have limited resources here in the islands, do your best to stay away from this McDonald's Doctor, NOW SERVING 1 BILLION!!!. He brings fast food service to spine surgery!! Now I have to find a competent doctor to fix his botched surgery!!

Posted on December 29th, 2015

great doctor! had surgery on my back, very happy with outcome!

Posted on March 11th, 2015

I was referred to Morris Mitsunaga from the Queens ER after a serious on the job injury - Queens ER doctors told me I would require surgery and said Dr Mitsunaga was the best - - - However...I can not personally speak for what kind of doctor he is he spent the entire time he was with me sitting at a desk with his back to me scribbling notes - He never once even made an attempt to examine me - - He did however express his disagreement with what the ER doctors determined from CT scan and MRI then promptly referred me to a different doctor - - That doctor did what he could but it was not enough.....and now - almost 2 years later - I am still in pain daily and attempting to work through it - - Due to workers comp rule I was only allowed to change doctors once - As far as Dr Mitsunagas staff goes they are among the rudest and most unprofessional group of medical assistants and "nurses" I have ever come across - - Maybe they just have too much to do and are too busy - Or maybe I didn't fit into the demographic they prefer to work with... I don't know..... But one thing I do know is I will never go back to him again....not for any reason....nor will will I ever refer or recommend anyone else to see him either....

Posted on January 14th, 2015

Very good doctor. Did a laminectomy on my spine and I can walk far again with no pain.

Posted on August 3rd, 2011

Dr. Mitsunaga is really the best doc in orthopedics. He fixed my mom's broken hip ten years ago, and she's still walking today! My mom told me I should see Dr. Mitsunaga about my chronic back pain. He was kind, caring, and took the time to talk me through both my surgical and non-surgical treatment options. Today, several years after my back surgery, I no longer have any back pain, and I'm so happy to be off of narcotics. I highly recommend Dr. Mitsunaga.

Posted on June 27th, 2011

Dr. Mitsunaga is an excellent physician. I have seen many other physicians for my back pain and none of them really listened to me. Dr. Mitsunaga took the time to listen to me and explain to me my diagnosis and xrays. His staff is friendly and he has great bedside manner. I would recommend him to anyone with an orthopedic problem or ailment because of his expertise and knowledge.

QMCSpinalPatient

Posted on November 12th, 2010

I cannot comment on difficulty of making an appointment with Dr. Mitsunaga since someone else did that, but waiting time was what I would expect. Accuracy in diagnosis was right on and explained very professionally. While Dr. Mitsunaga did not waste time with chit chat, which I appreciated, he did take the time to explain to me what was going on, Bedside manner was what I would expect of an excellent surgeon. There were however, one or two RN's at QMC who I thought might work on their own bedside manner though.

RN

Posted on September 10th, 2010

I don't think he has spent more than 5 minutes with me, during each time of my visits.I almost feel it is a waste of my time whenever I have an appointment with him. The only reason I go is to get xrays done. I have an appointment with Dr. Graham right after Dr. Mits. and thanks goes to Dr. Graham for explaining my xrays and MRI's to me and the treatment plan.Dr Mits. is an excellent surgeon, but has a terrible patient relationship.

Posted on August 25th, 2010

Dr. Mitsunaga was such a disappointment! We had higher expectations due to his Physician of the Year award & Aloha Mission Volunteer background. He came across as an arrogant,uncaring, & untrustworthy physician. He spent less than 5mins with his initial evaluation. Please reconsider another orthopedic MD, this one has major bedside manner/ego issues. I am an RN at Queens Medical Center and would never recommend this MD to anyone! Always get a second opinion!

Posted on December 13th, 2016