Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Morton J Kern
Dr. Morton J Kern, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Long Beach, CA, with another office in Orange, CA. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Kern is affiliated with Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center, California Hospital Medical Center and Methodist Hospital Southern Ca. Dr. Kern has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Morton J Kern has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Heart Attack
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- Left Ventricular Dysfunction
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Coronary Restenosis
- Coronary Vasospasm
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Transplantation
- Vascular Graft Occlusion
- Coronary Stenosis
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Myocardial Infarction
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Mitral Valve Stenosis
- Blood Vessel Prosthesis Implantation
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Blood Clot
- Heart Valve Prosthesis Implantation
- Heart Failure
- Coronary Disease
- Coronary Vessel Anomalies
- Coronary Atherectomy
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Kern is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Morton J Kern accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Morton J Kern is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Long Beach, CA.