Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mouhamed M Kannass has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mouhamed M Kannass has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Mouhamed M Kannass has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 10
I was taken off a cruise ship in Hilo by ambulance and transported to Hilo Medical Center in acute respiratory arrest. I met Dr. Kannass 3 days later when he welcomed me to Hilo, those 3 lost days I had been in a coma induced by the medical staff to promote the healing of my lungs. Dr. Kannass was at all times positive, encouraging friendly and caring. Even fanned me during a hot flash. I was scared beyond belief that I was going to die. His attitude told me otherwise. I will remain indebted to Dr. Kannass for the rest of my life. God bless him and his family.
Dr. Kannass is excellent. I am a nurse at the hospital in which Dr. Kannass works and he is competent in care and very knowledgeable. He is concerned with safe staffing ratios and is an excellent positive change agent within Hilo Medical Center. Hilo Medical Center is very blessed to have him!
Dr. Kannass saved our father, who would have may have been moved to hospice care based on the information provided by other physicians, case managers and nurses in the unit. Dr Kannass vetoed the move to a med unit and oversaw aggressive treatment of my father's symptoms. Our father is recovering and we anticipate that he will be able to return to full mobility and quality of life.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
21 Years Experience
University Of Damascus
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Mouhamed M Kannass accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HMSA Preferred Provider Comp Med
Locations & DirectionsHilo Medical Center, 1190 Waianuenue Ave, Hilo, HI
Dr. Mouhamed M Kannass is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hilo, HI.