Dr. Mouhamed Kannass Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mouhamed Kannass?

Posted on January 26th, 2015

Dr. Kansas saved my husband's life twice. He is skilled intuitive and very caring. Hilo Medical and its patients are very fortunate to have such a wonderful doctor on staff.

Saved My Life

Posted on January 8th, 2015

I was taken off a cruise ship in Hilo by ambulance and transported to Hilo Medical Center in acute respiratory arrest. I met Dr. Kannass 3 days later when he welcomed me to Hilo, those 3 lost days I had been in a coma induced by the medical staff to promote the healing of my lungs. Dr. Kannass was at all times positive, encouraging friendly and caring. Even fanned me during a hot flash. I was scared beyond belief that I was going to die. His attitude told me otherwise. I will remain indebted to Dr. Kannass for the rest of my life. God bless him and his family.

Dr. Kannass Review

Posted on September 1st, 2011

Dr. Kannass is excellent. I am a nurse at the hospital in which Dr. Kannass works and he is competent in care and very knowledgeable. He is concerned with safe staffing ratios and is an excellent positive change agent within Hilo Medical Center. Hilo Medical Center is very blessed to have him!

Posted on August 28th, 2010

Doctor K was thorough, thoughtful and did a complete history in the ER- something doctors often omit. Hilo Med Center is blessed to have him.

Patient's Family Member

Posted on March 10th, 2010

Dr. Kannass saved our father, who would have may have been moved to hospice care based on the information provided by other physicians, case managers and nurses in the unit. Dr Kannass vetoed the move to a med unit and oversaw aggressive treatment of my father's symptoms. Our father is recovering and we anticipate that he will be able to return to full mobility and quality of life.

He saved my life!

Posted on July 4th, 2008

Dr. Kannass saved my life! I was suffering from congestive heart failure. The first doctor had been treating me for pneumonia...the wrong treatment even though I told him that I was having heart trouble! When I began having trouble breathing and was gasping for air, I called for help in the ER. Dr. Kannass came to my bedside. I couldn't breathe! He listened to me. Dr. Kannass treated me, sat with me and held my hand for four hours in the ER, making sure I didn't slip into a coma. I was finally stable enough to be transferred to the ICU. Hours later I was air ambulanced to Queens Medical Center in Honolulu where two days later I underwent open heart surgery. I owe my life to Dr. Kannass. He is a wonderful human being and doctor! I have a second chance at life all because of him. I would've died that day if not for him. I'm very lucky to be alive today. Dr. Kannass forever holds a special place in my heart and life. I pray that he lives a healthy, long, fulfilling, and happy life. We are all so lucky to have such a dedicated doctor and wonderful human being in our midst! Thank you Dr. Kannass!

Posted on May 17th, 2017