Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mourhege M Alsaloum MD
Dr. Mourhege M Alsaloum, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bronx, NY, with another office in Flushing, NY. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Alsaloum is affiliated with St Barnabas Hospital, New York Presbyterian Queens and Montefiore Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Mourhege M Alsaloum has 2 locations
5645 Main St Ste M201
Flushing, NY 11355
Book Online Now
Dr. Mourhege M Alsaloum has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mourhege M Alsaloum has the following 7 expertise
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Kidney Biopsy
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mourhege M Alsaloum - Posted on January 29th, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mourhege M Alsaloum - Posted on January 3rd, 2012
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Alsaloum is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
University Of Damascus
Graduated in 1983
New York Hospital
Dr. Mourhege M Alsaloum Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mourhege M Alsaloum, MD - Nephrology in Bronx, NY, in this video.
Dr. Mourhege M Alsaloum is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Bronx, NY.