Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Moussa Alhaj MD
Dr. Moussa Alhaj has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
Dr. Moussa Alhaj has the following 13 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Gland Issues
Showing 4 of 4
I found him to be professional, competent and truly concerned about my well being.....He addressed health matters that other doctors simply ignored for years such as bone density....I am very happy to have been referred to him by Angela Nelson, Kings Daughters.....Thank You....Ruby Owens
Self-verified patient of Dr. Moussa Alhaj - Posted on May 24th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Moussa Alhaj - Posted on January 31st, 2011
Self-verified patient of Dr. Moussa Alhaj - Posted on December 21st, 2010
Self-verified patient of Dr. Moussa Alhaj - Posted on December 9th, 2010
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Alhaj is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of Damascus
Graduated in 1990
Marshall University School Of Medicine
Dr. Moussa Alhaj Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBORST MEDICAL CLINIC, 1201 Saint Christopher Dr, Ashland, KY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Moussa Alhaj, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Ashland, KY, in this video.
Dr. Moussa Alhaj is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Ashland, KY.