Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mridula Banaji has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Mridula Banaji has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Mridula Banaji is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
This doctor does not know how to diagnose her patients. I will not at any cost recommend her. Please ask for another dr. She will tell you diseases that you dont have and will refer you to a specialist. Until you go to the specialist, you will loose your sleep. once you do to the specialist, they will say, there is nothing like that. I am not sure, how she is allowed to even work for Kaiser Permanente
I was sent to Dr. Banaji by my Ob., who believed I might have a bladder infection. During my visit, I mentioned that I was pregnant, so that I would not be given any antibiotics that would harm the pregnancy. My medical record also indicated that I was pregnant. Sadly, Dr. Banaji spent the entire appointment denying that I was pregnant. Though my blood work was in the chart and strongly confirmed pregnancy, she told me I was imagining the pregnancy. Additionally, she claimed that my Ob. did not believe that I was pregnant. Thankfully I followed my own good sense and did not listen to her. I was pregnant and heard the heart beat two days later! What if I had believed Dr. Banaji, thought I was not pregnant and had wine with my dinner that evening? I worry about these doctors trained outside the United States.
Dr. Banaji is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mridula Banaji is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mc Lean, VA.