Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mubashir A Khan has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
This is the worst run office that I've ever been to in my life. They have a secured messaging portal which is nothing more than a "black hole". I have left messages on that thing numerous times with no follow up or response. I have been requesting refills for a month and a half with no follow up or response. No one ever answers the phone, but it doesn't matter, because when they do, they are completely lost and unorganized. Dr. Khan is a good Dr. but he needs to fire his entire office staff and start over. He also needs someone that will help him to stay organized with his patients. I work administration at the VA hospital and I know how things should run, and all I can say is that we would be in major trouble if we handled our patients the way this office handles theirs.
Both my wife and I see Dr. Khan for migraines. He is a very smart man (although I have heard him say he was dumb, wish I was dumb like him) who is very thorough and very caring. He also has a great sense of humor for a doctor which is a quality I truly like to see in a doctor. He has always been very helpful and will do anything he can to help you (such as getting you in the same day if it is really needed). The only downside to him/his office (with Dr. Bu) is the wait time but that is something I can live with and I think speaks that they are great doctors.
Dr. Khan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Maimonides Medical Center
Dr. Mubashir A Khan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNeuro Care Of Virginia, 4720 Puddledock Rd Ste 100, Prince George, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mubashir A Khan in this video.
Dr. Mubashir A Khan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Prince George, VA.